Some days, my sweet craving gets the best of me. I can feel it calling to me. You need some chocolate, it says. I’ve been better about ignoring it lately. Somehow, my brain has finally made the connection between a high sugar intake and feeling lousy. But this time, I gave in and made something scrumptious.
I’m a big fan of mug cakes and desserts. They satisfy within minutes with a fraction of the mess, and no tempting leftovers. Single serving cookie dough has been a long time favorite of mine. I’ve got it down to where I can spoon in the ingredients and eyeball it for an excellent (and fast) sweet treat.
I discovered new possibilities for flavored coffee creamer when I made caramel hot cocoa (read about it HERE), and when the sweet craving kicked in this time, I got an idea. I got a wonderful, awful idea! (Grinch fans, anyone? I read this to my kids the other day and it’s been stuck in my head.)
My ideal single serving cookie dough includes half and half. Flavored creamer would do just as well… and I had some peppermint mocha flavored creamer… hmm… I began to think. This calls for chocolate. Cookie dough? Maybe. Then it came to me… brownie batter.
Without further ado, here is a fast and easy peppermint chocolate remedy for a sweet tooth. (This could be easily adapted for any creamer flavor that might pair well with chocolate.)
Brownie Batter for One (Peppermint Chocolate)
*Special Note: Some days, I find measurements tedious… especially when it’s a raw recipe just for my sweet tooth. I measure carefully when I expect to post about a recipe, but this one was on the fly. However, I’ll do my best to convert it because I am usually particular and sympathize with you if you’re that way, too. 😉
- a blob of softened butter (from the butter dish you hopefully have sitting on your counter) (1/2 TBSP-1 TBSP)
- a spoonful of sugar (1 TBSP-1 1/2 TBSP)
- a dash of salt (dash or teeny pinch)
- a generous pouring of peppermint mocha coffee creamer (2-3 TBSP)
- a heaping spoonful of flour (2 TBSP)
- a small spoonful of cocoa powder (1/2 TBSP)
- Mix together softened butter, sugar, and salt in a small bowl.
- Add in coffee creamer and stir well. This will be a thin, grainy liquid mixture.
- Add in flour and cocoa powder. Stir well. If mixture is too dry, add more creamer. If it is too wet, add more flour. (Either way, it’s probably tasty!) 😉
- Grab your spoon, and enjoy!
Have a scrumptious day!
*If you liked this post, check out my other scrumptious creations on this page: The Goal is Scrumptious.